We all know that social media interaction works well for small businesses and tourism and bed & breakfast hotels in particular. But how does the whole “Like” system work? And what is the best method of socially interacting with Facebook?
For those asking for clarification on exactly how the “LIKE” procedure should go, here it is. We’ve found that this procedure works best, and is fast when trying to like multiple pages:
1) Log in as your personal page.
2) Go to the facebook fan page you want to like.
3) Click the like button (this increments the like count since you are logged as your personal profile).
4) Click the little down arrow in the upper right corner of your window, and switch to “Use facebook as” your business page.
5) Click the backspace button. This takes you back to the fan page you are liking.
6) Click the like button again. This likes the page as your business page, which has the benefit of allowing you to comment on and continue interaction with the page in the future (Don’t underestimate the value of this step).
7) Now, post a comment on the page you have just liked. This has the benefit of leaving a link back to your facebook page on the timeline of the liked page.
Again, don’t underestimate the value of steps 6 and 7 when it comes to social media interaction. Step 6 allows you to follow the page on your business profile and continue interaction in the future. Step 7 allows you to place a comment and link to your facebook page on the liked page. This means that every person who has liked that page (perhaps hundreds) has the potential to now see your comment and your link in their newsfeed. Since you already liked the page in step 6, you will be able to track and return to that page again in the future to leave further comments, and of course your link.