Here are some reasons why instant online booking capability on a Bed & Breakfast’s website is vitally important:
- B&B’s can offer incentive pricing for direct booking on their website versus OTAs.
- Encourages international guests, and can actually increase the diversity of guest demographics.
- Helps capture reservations from potential guests that would otherwise leave the website and search elsewhere (the fact is, most guests are searching multiple accommodations on the internet, and just don’t want to waste time emailing or calling).
- A well-integrated Booking Engine raises the credibility bar for a B&B. Properties using freebee booking buttons, old style email request forms, or PayPal-style payment buttons are often perceived by guests as amateurish or “low-budget”. This is a perception that, rightly or wrongly, reflects how well the B&B manages their accommodations.
- The importance of collecting deposits online with a booking cannot be overlooked. Most free booking buttons don’t offer this. Additionally, a well-established Booking Engine that can verify customer credit cards, and handle collections in multiple currencies is important, particularly in many regions. Many international guests will not be able to book if their cards are being declined by second-rate providers and merchant accounts. Most innkeepers don’t know that even PayPal restricts payments from cardholders in many countries. These are questions that all innkeepers should be asking when selecting a Booking Engine provider.
So, if you are an innkeeper or manager of a small hotel, consider how online booking capability may enhance your business. Ask questions, and consider several providers before selecting one that’s right for you.
For some ideas on how BedBreakfastTraveler.com (Instant World Booking) can improve your website with a Booking Engine, visit: